How to Change Yahoo Mail Password conveniently
Yahoo Mail offers various attractive features that have helped the company become the first choice of millions of email users worldwide. But the higher numbers of user accounts have made it one of the top targets for hackers. If you are using Yahoo mail, you must know how to change the Yahoo mail password regularly to keep your account protected.
Why Change Yahoo Mail Password:
It is recommended to change the password regularly, but there are situations when you must reset your Yahoo email password without delay. Some of the scenarios where you need to change the password immediately are mentioned below:
- Change or reset your password if you have forgotten the current password of your Yahoo mail account.
- If your Yahoo account got hacked or someone is using your account without your consent.
- As suggested by Yahoo and all online security experts, the users have to change their passwords frequently to keep their accounts protected against online threats.
- If you are unable to access your account even after providing the correct login ID and password.
How to Reset Yahoo Mail Password:
When it comes to the internet, you have to stay protected against hackers. One of the most convenient and handy ways to keep your account protected is to change your Yahoo password more frequently. Changing Yahoo mail password is very simple if you follow the steps mentioned hereunder:
Steps to Change Yahoo Mail Password on a Web Browser -
- Open Yahoo mail sign-in page on a supported web browser on your computer or mobile phone and log into your account.
- Click on the profile name from the top right of the page after signing-in. Now click on the Account info option.
- Afterward, click on the Account Security tab. You will be asked to sign in again for account security & verification purpose.
- In the account security tab, click on Change password. Now click "I would rather change my password". (If you want to use Account key to get rid of the password, click Continue.)
- Now enter & confirm your new password and click Continue. (Try choosing a password that you are not using on any other online accounts.)
- You have successfully changed your Yahoo mail password. :)
Steps to Reset Yahoo Mail Password from Yahoo Mail Mobile APP -
- Open Yahoo mail Mobile App on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Tap on your profile picture from the top left corner.
- Now from the available options, tap on Manage Accounts.
- Tap Account info.
- Tap Security settings from the list. You will be asked to enter device PIN/pattern/fingerprint for security and verification of your Yahoo account.
- On the Account Security page, tap on Change password (Under How you sign in section).
- Now tap on "I would rather change my password" located at the bottom of the screen.
- Now choose a new password for your Yahoo mail account and tab Continue.
- Your Yahoo mail account password is now changed. For security reasons, you will have to enter this new password on all of your devices.
Note - If you don't want to use a password anymore for your Yahoo account, tap on Continue after Step-6 to use Yahoo Account Key.
Tips for Creating a Strong Password
You wouldn't want anyone to hack into your Yahoo mail account. But, there are possibilities of your Yahoo Mail account being hacked unless you have a strong password. To create a more secure password, remember the following points.
- Keep it at least 12 characters long.
- Include numbers, special characters, and alphabets.
- Don't include easy-to-guess words like your name, date of birth, pet name, etc.
- Don't include predictable substitutions like 'Yah00'.
- Don't include a dictionary word.
However, changing the yahoo mail password is easy, but if you do not have enough time or skills to do it all by yourself, contact Yahoo email customer service live experts. Yahoo account pro support is 24/7, but due to Covid-19, Yahoo help is currently limited. Yahoo password reset helpline is offering below services -
- Immediate response to customer queries to help them with their password problems.
- Yahoo password recovery by certified experts.
- Online security experts can be contacted via customer support email, chat, or phone number.
- Get security tips by experts to keep the account safe and protected.