When you buy one or more of the Verizon services (Phone, Internet, or TV), you are provided with an email account as well. You can access this email account through a web browser as well as through a third-party email client such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Apple Mail. However, to access your Verizon Email account using an email client, you will need to have information on Verizon Email Server Settings. Below you can find the server settings for Verizon Mail along with steps to configure it on an email program (Microsoft Outlook).
Verizon Email Server Settings
|POP/ IMAP||Incoming Server||Incoming Port||SSL (Security) Incoming||Outgoing Server||Outgoing Port||Requires Sign-in|
Now as you have information on the Verizon Mail server settings, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to set up your Verizon email account on Microsoft Outlook and Apple Mail.
Steps to Set Up Verizon Email on Microsoft Outlook
- On your computer, open the Outlook email program.
- Once Outlook loads on your computer screen, you will need to click on the File option. From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, click on the Add Account option.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the circle/checkbox next to the option that reads “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”, and then tap on the Next button (twice).
- Next, you will need to enter your name and your Verizon email address in the provided fields.
- In the Incoming Mail Server field, you will need to enter incoming.verizon.net. Similarly, in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) field, you will need to enter outgoing.verizon.net.
- Then, enter your Verizon username and password into the provided fields and click on the Advanced tab.
- Once you are in the Advanced tab, you will need to enter 995 into the Incoming Server (POP3) field and enter 465 in the Outgoing Server (SMTP) field.
- Then, you will need to click on the OK, Next, and Finish button.
Steps to Set Up Verizon Email on Apple Mail
- To begin with, you will first need to go to Finder > Applications > Mail section from your desktop menu.
- Click on the Mail > Preferences option from the Menu bar.
- Next, you will need to click on the Account information option in the Accounts tab and make sure that the settings are correct before you click on the Server Settings option.
For Mac OS 10.5 and Above Version:
- Click on the Outgoing Mail Server option and then select the Edit Server List option.
- In the Edit Server List section, you will need to make the following changes:
- Description: Enter a unique name for the account
- Email Address: Enter the email address of your account
- Incoming Mail Server: Enter the POP/IMAP server address
- User Name: Enter the email account login name (Usernames may be different depending on your Internet Service Provider)
- Password: Enter the password required for account access.
- Outgoing Mail Server: Enter the outgoing mail server for the email account.
- After you are done entering the Description and Server Name, you will need to click on the Advanced option.
NOTE: In case you are using Mac OS 10.4 or 10.3, skip to step 7
- Here, you will need to make sure that the required settings are correct before click on the OK button.
- Then, in the Advanced section, you will need to make sure that the required settings are correct and then click on the red dot icon located on the top-left corner of the screen.
So, now as you have information on the Verizon email server settings (POP/IMAP and SMTP), you can easily configure your Verizon email account on any email program like Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook, and any other reliable email client.
You can also get connected to Verizon Email Customer Service and get connected to experts. The customer service number provided is toll-free and is accessible 24*7.