You must be aware that not only you can access your Verizon email account on a desktop web browser but also on an email client like out Microsoft Outlook. To know how to easily access your Verizon email account through an email program like Outlook using the Verizon Email settings, go through the instructions provided below.
Guide to Configure Verizon Email Account on Outlook Using Verizon Email Settings
NOTE: The below-mentioned instructions for the configuration of your Verizon email account on Outlook are based on Outlook 2016 version. The steps may vary a bit for other versions of the Outlook email program you are using. Moreover, as Verizon has moved to AOL Mail, the below-mentioned steps are to be followed accordingly.
Verizon Email Settings Required for Configuration
To configure your Verizon email account you will need Verizon email IMAP settings. To get the Verizon Email settings that are necessary for the configuring your Verizon email account on an email program are as follows:
|SERVER SETTINGS||PORT SETTINGS|
|Incoming Mail Server (IMAP): imap.aol.com||IMAP – 993 – SSL|
|Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net||SMTP – 465 – SSL|
As you have information about the Verizon email settings, you can configure your Verizon email account by following the step-by-step instructions provided below.
1. To begin with, you will first need to open the Outlook 2016 email program on your computer and click on the File menu option located on the top-left corner of the program window. Doing so will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
2. From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the Add Account option. Clicking on this option will direct you to the next screen.
3. On the next screen, you will need to select the radio button next to the option that reads “Manual setup or additional server types. After selecting the option, you will need to click on the Next button.
3. As you will click on the Next button, you will be directed to the next screen where you will need to select the radio button next to the POP or IMAP option. After selecting the desired option, you will need to click on the Next button. Doing so will direct you to the next window.
4.) On the next window, enter the following information in the prompted fields on your screen:
- Your Name: Enter a name that you wish to make appear to your recipients
- Email Address: Enter your complete email address
- Account Type: Choose IMAP
- Incoming mail server:aol.com
- Outgoing mail server:aol.com
- User Name: Enter your complete email address
- Password: Enter your account’s password
NOTE: Once you are done entering the required information in the relevant field, you will need to select the checkbox next to the “Remember password” option.
5.) Next, click on the “More Settings” option and go to the Outgoing Server tab. In the Outgoing Server tab, you will need to select the checkbox next to the option that reads “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Also, you will need to make sure that the checkbox next to that option that says “use same settings as my incoming mail server” is selected.
6.) Then, you will need to open the Advanced tab on the same window and enter the following information:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
- Click on the Ok button.
7.) After that, click on the Next button and wait until the testing process of Outlook gets completed for the configuration of your Verizon email account. Once the testing process gets completed successfully, you will need to click on the Close button.
8.) After closing the text process window, click on the Finish button. Then, simply try sending a test email to yourself, and see if your Verizon email account is working properly with Outlook 2016 or not.
So, these are the instructions that you will need to follow in order to configure your Verizon email account on your latest Outlook email program.