With your Yahoo Mail account, you can easily manage all your different emails accounts with just a few clicks. The process requires you to add your third-party email accounts to your Yahoo Mail account and set it up as your prime destination to send and receive emails. However, if you have already linked an email account in your Yahoo Mail account but wish to unlink it, you can follow the information provided below in this guide. Here, you will find instructions for linking, unlinking, and editing the different options for an email account added to your Yahoo Mail account.
Steps to Link a Third-Party Email Account to Your Yahoo Mail Account
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account and click or tap on the Settings option (gear icon) located at the top-right corner.
- Next, select the More Settings option from the drop-down menu. This will direct you to the settings section of your Yahoo Mail account.
- In the settings section, select the Mailboxes option from the left-hand side panel and then press the Add mailbox button. A list of email services will appear on the right-hand side.
- If you are looking to add your email account from Google, Outlook.com, Office 365, Aol., or Yahoo!, you can select the relevant option from the list. However, if you wish to add an email account from any other email service, select the Other option.
- Then, enter your email address in the provided field and press the Next button.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the account linking process and press the Done option.
NOTE: You can find the linked accounts listed below the “Compose” button. You will just need to select an account to view or send an email from the account.
Steps to Unlink a Third-Party Email Account from Your Yahoo Mail Account
- In your Yahoo Mail account, click or tap on the Settings option (gear icon) and select the More settings option from the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, click on the Mailboxes option located on the left-hand side panel.
- Next, you will need to choose the email account from the list that you wish to unlink from your Yahoo Mail account.
- Once selected, click or tap on the Remove mailbox option.
- Then, again select the Remove mailbox option to confirm your action.
Steps to Edit the Name, Description, Reply-to Address, or Signature of an Email Account
- Click or tap on the Settings option (Gear icon) located in the top-right corner of your Yahoo Mail account.
- Next, select the Mailboxes option from the left-hand side panel in the settings section.
- Then, locate and select the account you wish to edit.
- After that, simply make the desired changes to your name, description, reply-to address, or signature.
- Once done, press the Save option. All the changes will be saved for your selected email account in your Yahoo Mail.
So, now that you have the information for linking, unlinking, and editing different email accounts added to your Yahoo Mail, you can easily manage them.