Whether you are having trouble signing in to your SBCglobal.net email account, experiencing issues when trying to send or receive emails, or if your SBCglobal.net email is not working at all, you can try the below-mentioned suggestions according to exact issue you have with your SBCglobal.net email account.
Guide to Fix “SBCglobal.net Email Not Working” Problem
Check your account, settings, connectivity, and browsers
The first thing you will need to make sure when your SBCglobal email is not working is the settings of your SBCglobal mail account. For common issues with email sending, try the following tips.
- Make sure the emails you send from your SBCglobal email account are:
- Within the maximum message size limits permitted.
- Having the correct email address of the recipient. If the email address of the recipient turns out to be wrong, you may receive a Failed Delivery or Problem Found – Message Not Sent notification message.
- Alternative solutions include:
- Logging out of your email account, and then logging in again.
- Check the spam folder of your email account if you are looking for missing email messages.
- Review your account settings
To review the account settings of your SBCglobal email account, you will need to select the gear icon and check the following sections:
- Blocked addresses: Go to the Blocked Address section and make sure that you have not blocked any email address accidentally from which you are expecting to get an email.
- Filters: If you have set up filters in your SBCglobal email account, you will need to make sure that your email messages are going to the correct folder.
- Make sure that Your account has not been hacked. You can know whether your account is compromised or not if you have:
- Missing email messages in your SBCglobal email account.
- Received email messages from your own email address recently.
- Received complaints about spam messages coming from your email address.
- Seeing a display name that’s different from the one you set up.
When your Email Account has Been Hacked or Phishes
If your email account has been hacked or phished, it is strongly recommended to change its password right away. Changing the password of your account minimizes the risk of your SBCglobal email account. Also, make sure to verify all computers on your network that they are free from malware and all your email settings are valid. Then, again change the password of your account.
Other things that you should ensure in case of hacked account are:
- Create or update account security questions and answers.
- Scan your computer with an updated anti-virus program.
- Use an up-to-date malware application as some malware are not detected by anti-virus scans.
- Keep your operating system running with the latest updates.
Related Post: Recover
Connectivity or Browser-Related Issues
To check the connectivity or browser-related issues, follow these steps:
- Open your SBCglobal email account in a different web browser than the usual one. For example, if at present you are accessing your email account in Google Chrome, you can use Mozilla Firefox to access your account.
- Make sure that your web browser accepts cookies. Also, make sure to clear your cookies and cache regularly. You can find this information Preferences, Settings, or Options menu of your browser.
- Consider disabling web browser tools or add-ons to check whether they’re causing your email issues with email access.
- Make sure to enable Adobe Flash Player, and keep it updated to the latest version.
- Check the firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware settings of your computer. This is important because sometimes they can also interfere with email and web browsers.
NOTE: Disable the settings one at a time and check your email then. Make sure to turn them back on once you identify the exact program or setting causing the issue.
Troubleshoot your Email Programs or Apps
SBCglobal keeps on upgrading its email security from time to time. If you receive your email through an email client or application, make sure that you are ready to apply the changes.
- Make sure that you have an active internet connection for your device. If you don’t have a properly working internet connection, you will not be able to access your email account.
- Check in case you have email messages present in your outbox folder. If there are emails, delete them and try to send a new message again.
- Make sure that you have the correct email client settings (IMAP/POP and SMTP).
If Your Password Doesn’t Work on Your Smartphone
If you changed the email password of your account recently or linked your email to your user ID, make sure to update your password on all devices you use to access your SBCglobal email account.
Can’t Find that ID and Password Combination
Make sure that you always enter your ID and password correctly. For your account security, SBCglobal may block your account temporarily after too many sign-in attempts. If this is the case, it is suggested to wait for an hour or reset your password.
Your Account isn’t Active
If you get a notification from AT&T Internet Services Security (as SBCglobal is acquired by AT&T), it means that your email account was flagged for sending excessive spam. It can also be that your email account security has been compromised. In such a case, you will need to contact SBCglobal (or AT&T) to reactivate your account.
So these are the common workarounds that will help you fix the “SBCglobal.net email not working” problem.