Are you locked out of your Outlook account and couldn’t be able to sign in back? There could be a few different reasons which play a key role to trouble signing into the account such as you can’t remember your password, your account has been hacked, has two-step verification turned on, or using a new device. However, to instantly recover the Outlook account password, you will need to make sure that you have access to one of the account recovery options associated with your Outlook account.
Note: Account recovery option is essential for the users as it helps in the verification of your identity as the rightful owner of the account. Without having access to one of the Outlook account recovery options, you may not be able to recover your account.
Considering that you have access to the Outlook password recovery options, you can follow the below-provided steps to regain access to your hacked or password forgot Outlook account.
Steps to Recover Outlook Account Password –
- On your computer, visit the Microsoft Sign-in page.
- Now, you will need to enter your Microsoft Outlook User Id in the prompted field and tap on Next. You will be redirected to the next screen where you will need to type your Outlook password.
- In the next step, tap on “Forgot my password” as you don’t know your Outlook password.
- Once you click on the above-mentioned option you will be prompted to a new page where you will be shown your Microsoft user id entered in the text filed.
- Click on Next button, and you will be shown a couple of account recovery options linked with your Outlook account. The options which you will see are as follows:
- Email ******@**mail.com
- Choose any one of the given options and Microsoft will send a security code on your account associated email or phone number depending on the preference you may select.
- While opting for the first option (Email ******@**mail.com) you will get an authentication code on your verified email address, on the other hand selecting the second option (Text*********84) will send an authentication code on your verified phone number.
NOTE: If you will go with the second option (Text*********84), you will also need to enter the last 4 digits of your verified phone number to get the code by Microsoft professionals.
- On the following screen, you will have to enter the authentication code and tap the Next button. You will be redirected to a new screen where you will need to enter your new Outlook password.
- Once you have completed the above-mentioned steps, click on the Next button and complete the password recovery process to regain access to your Outlook account.
NOTE: If you don’t have access to any of the above-mentioned account recovery options (in step 5), well, in that case, you will need to click I don’t have any of these options on your screen. Now, follow the on-screen prompts to try accessing your Outlook account without any account recovery option.