If you frequently send email messages to a particular set of people using your Outlook email, in such a case, the best way to send an email can be to create a group of the contacts to whom you send the emails on regular basis. To know how to create a Group email in Outlook and send it to the Group contacts, follow the information provided below.
Guide to Create a Group Email in Outlook
A. For Newer Versions
- Open the Outlook email program on your computer and click on the People option located on the Navigation bar. The People option can be found in one of the two sections on the Navigation bar. If you have a Compact Navigation bar, you will need to click on the People icon. However, if you have the Expanded Navigation bar, select the word “People”.
- Next, go to My Contacts section, you will need to select the folder where you wish to save the Contact Group.
- After selecting a folder, from the Ribbon, you will need to select the New Contact Group option and give it a suitable name.
- Once you have created a new contact group, click on the Add Members option, and then add people from the address book or the contacts list.
- After you are done adding the contacts to the newly created group, click on the Save & Close option.
To Send an Email to Contact Group
For Outlook for Windows
- Create a new email message and enter the name of the Contact Group you created in the To field. Select the contact group from the potential matches that Outlook displays.
- Enter the subject for the message, complete any other required information, and click on the Send button.
For Outlook on the Web
- Click the New Message option located at the top of the page.
- Enter the name of the contact group in the To field. Select the contact group from the potential matches that Outlook displays.
- Then, enter the subject and other required information. After that, click on the Send button.
B. For Office 2010
- To create a Group Contact in Office 2010, you will first need to go to Contacts > Home tab > New group > select New Contact Group option.
- Next, you will need to type a name for the contact group in the Name box.
- Now, go to Contact Group tab > Members group and click on the Add Members option. Then, click on the Outlook Contacts option in the Address Book or New Email Contacts option.
- In case you trying to add a new email contact, you will need to enter the information for the person in the Add New Member dialog box. However, if you are adding a member from the Outlook Contacts or an Address Book, follow these steps:
- From the Address Book drop-down list, select the address book which includes the email address you wish to include in the contact group.
- From the list of names, click on the names you wish to add, and then click on the Members option. You can easily add names from the different address books to the same contact group you want.
- You will need to follow the same steps for each person you wish to add to the contact group> Once you are done, click on the OK button. The contact group will be added to your Contacts folder with the name you use for it.
C. For Office 2007
The contact group you create in Office 2007 is known by the name Distribution List. You can find the steps to create a distribution list using Address Book below.
- Click File > New > Distribution List option in your Office 2007 email program.
- Next, enter the desired name for your distribution list in the Name box and click on the Select Members option in the Distribution List tab.
- Then, from the Address Book drop-down list, you will click on the address book that has the email address you wish to include in your distribution list.
- After that, enter a name that you wish to include using the Search box. Once you see the name you are searching for in the list, you will need to click it and then select the Members option.
- Repeat the same process for each person you wish to add to the distribution list. Once you are done, click on the Ok button. Additionally, if you wish to add a longer description of the distribution list, click Notes on the Distribution List tab and enter the desired text. The distribution list will get saved to your Contacts folder with the name you use for it.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to create a Group Email in different versions of Outlook and Office.