If you are facing issues signing in to your Yahoo Mail account, there can be numerous reasons responsible for it. The problem can be occurring due to invalid passwords, locked accounts, incompatible web browsers, etc. To know how to fix Yahoo Mail login problems, you will need to go through the different workarounds provided below.
Methods to Fix Yahoo Mail Login Problems
Below you will find all major reasons behind the Yahoo password related problems and possible solutions to the issues.
1. If you forgot your Yahoo Mail Password or Username
- In order to regain access to your account, you will need to use the Yahoo Sign-in Helper to find your Yahoo ID. On the Sign-in Helper page, you will need to enter your account recovery information (email address or phone number) and click on the Continue button. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to recover your Yahoo ID.
- If you remember your Yahoo ID but don’t remember your password, you can reset it and create a strong password. To reset your password, go to the Yahoo Mail sign-in page, enter your username (phone number or email address), click Next, and then click on the Forgot password option. After that, follow the on-screen prompts to reset the password.
- Alternatively, you can also check your autofill settings of the web browser to find your Yahoo Mail password if your browser remembers it.
2. If you Are Getting “Invalid ID or Password” Error
If you see this error, it means that the Yahoo ID and Password you entered don’t match the record of Yahoo. In such a case, you can consider following these workarounds:
- Check the Caps Lock or Num Lock Keys on your Keyboard: As these keys can change the value of what you actually want to type, make sure to check them when entering your login credentials.
- Use Another Web Browser: If you are able to access your Yahoo Mail account using another browser, it means that the problem is not with your account, and you will need to fix problems with your preferred browser.
- Update the Autofill Settings of Your Browser: If you have configured your browser to remember passwords of the accounts you access using it, make sure to update it whenever you change the password of your Yahoo Mail account.
- Someone Has Changed Your Password: The sign-in problem can also occur if someone hacks your account and changes the password. In such a case, you can consider, using the Yahoo Sign-in Helper as suggested above and change your account password.
NOTE: If you ever find your Yahoo Mail account with suspicious activities, you can change the password under the Account security section. Moreover, you can also use Account key or Two-Step Verification to enhance the security of your account.
3. Other Yahoo Sign-in Issues
- If You Are Getting “First Time Signing in Here” Message: If you are accessing your Yahoo Mail account using a device, program, or location which you haven’t used earlier, you might be prompted to enter a verification code (sent to your account recovery email address or phone number) to verify your identity as the rightful owner of the account. In case the account recovery options displayed are not accessible by you anymore, you will need to go to the “Still can’t get signed in?” section (provided below).
- If Your Account is Locked: Yahoo may temporarily lock your account when you make too many unsuccessful attempts to access your account. This is done by Yahoo to protect your account. If you face such a situation, the reasons could be one or more of the following:
- Your IP address might be hidden or changing constantly.
- Yahoo has detected a potential risk to your account.
- Your account is being accessed from different geographical locations frequently.
- Your Yahoo Sign-in Screen Loops or Keeps on Reloading: If your Yahoo sign-in screen keeps on reloading or if it loops, it is suggested to reset the “sign-in” cookie:
- Click on the Not you? option on the sign-in page.
- Next, enter your Yahoo ID and Password in the provided field.
- Then, click on the Sign-in button.
If this doesn’t also help you fix the issue, you can try the following steps (one at a time) and then attempt to access your account.
- Clear the cookies of your web browser.
- Quit from your web browser and restart it.
- Try accessing your Yahoo Mail account using a different web browser.
- Try accessing the different sign-in page of Yahoo, such as Yahoo’s primary login (https://login.yahoo.com/) page or Yahoo Mail sign-in page (https://mail.yahoo.com/).
So, these are the different workarounds that you can use to fix Yahoo Mail login problems.
While the above-mentioned workarounds should help you overcome the Yahoo Mail login problem, however, if the problem persists, you can find reliable assistance from our Yahoo mail customer support experts through phone, email, or live chat support mediums. Our communication lines are available round the clock. Feel free to reach us anytime, from anywhere.