Yahoo Mail is appreciated for offering a reliable platform to the users to carry out their varied email-related tasks uninterruptedly. However, sometimes some users face one or the other problem with their account. One of the most common issues experienced by users in their Yahoo Mail account is with Spam messages. As there are numerous reasons responsible for causing trouble with spam emails, it can a bit tricky to get rid of this problem. To help users experiencing this problem, we have provided below a couple of workarounds to fix the issue.
Guide to Block Spam Messages in Yahoo Mail Account
1.) Mark a Spam Email Message
If you have suspected an unwanted email in your Yahoo Mail account, you can mark it as spam to prevent similar messages from arriving into your Inbox folder. To do so:
- Open the email message and click on the Spam button located on the upper menu bar of your account’s page.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on the unopened email and select This is spam option from the drop-down menu.
- Marking an email message as a Spam will move it to the Spam folder of your account.
2.) Report a Spam Email Message to Yahoo
In addition to marking an unsolicited email as spam in your Yahoo Mail account, you can also report it by selecting one of the below-mentioned options according to the spam type you receive. The following options can be found in the upper menu bar of your account page next to the Delete option.
- Report Spam
- Report a Hacked Account
- Report Phishing Scam
- Not My Mail
Selecting the appropriate option will report the message for the selected category.
3.) Unsubscribe to Unwanted Emails
If you are receiving unsolicited email messages in your Yahoo Mail account from a service that you might have subscribed unknowingly, you can unsubscribe from their mailing lists to prevent your account from getting flood by such spam emails. The Unsubscribe option is located at the bottom of the subscribed email message. Moreover, if you suspect the legitimacy of an email message in your account, you can mark it as spam as well by following the steps given above.
4.) Block Sender
Apart from marking, reporting, or unsubscribing from the spam email messages, Yahoo also offers the option to block the email address of the sender sending you multiple spam emails. To block such sender’s email address in your Yahoo Mail account, follow the instructions provided below:
- IN your Yahoo Mail account, click on the Gear icon located on the top-right corner. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Settings option. Doing so will expand the menu on your screen.
- In the Settings section, you will need to click on the More Settings option.
- Then, from the left-hand side menu, you will need to select the Security and Privacy option and then Blocked Addresses option.
- Next, enter the email address of the sender you wish to block in the Enter an email address field.
- Then, you will need to click on the Save button. The sender will not be blocked from sending you emails using the blocked email address.
So, these are the workarounds that you can follow to prevent spam emails in your Yahoo Mail account.