SBCGlobal is one of the popular webmail services which a user gets when he/she purchases one of their services. Earlier, the SBCGlobal.net email service was owned by Southern Bell Company, however, later it was acquired by AT&T, This acquisition got the name of SBCGlobal changed to AT&T email. If you have an SBCGlobal email account that you wish to stop using, you can easily delete it by following the instructions provided below. However, before you delete your SBCGlobal email account, you would want to consider the following information.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When you cancel an SBCGlobal email service, the email address, mainly known as a Member ID, associated with your account does not get deleted. This means that you are allowed to keep on using that email address as a free AT&T email account (free from any kind of charges). If you’d like to remove an email address, you will need to perform the deletion process manually. And, for SBCGlobal email accounts have never been linked with a paid AT&T service, you can easily delete them whenever you wish to. Other information to consider before deleting your SBCGlobal email account are as follows:
- You can terminate your SBCGlobal email address anytime when it has been more than 30-60 days since a paid SBCGlobal service has been disconnected or terminated.
- You can easily terminate your free SBCGlobal email account which has never been linked with a paid AT&T service anytime.
- You will not be able to terminate your SBCglobal email address if it is linked to an active SBCGlobal service.
- When you remove a Member ID, it will also remove any subaccounts created with that particular account.
Once you have considered the above-mentioned information, you can follow these steps to delete your SBCGlobal email account.
Guide to Delete SBCGlobal Email Account
- To begin with, you will first need to sign into your SBCGlobal email account. Once you are logged into your account, you will need to go to the Profile section.
- In the Profile section, you will need to select the Contact info option.
- Under the Contact Info section, you will need to select the Email tab.
- Now, in the free SBCGlobal email account, you will need to select the Manage option. You will be directed to the next screen.
NOTE: In case you don’t see the Manage option, it means that you will not be able to delete your SBCglobal email account.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the Delete Account option next to the Member ID option and then select the OK option.
- After that, you will need to confirm that the Status located at the bottom of the User Information section is now displaying Disabled notification. If you see the Disabled notification, it means that your SBCGlobal email account has been deleted.
Additional Help WithDeleting an Account
In case you do not find the option to terminate your SBCGlobal email account and it has already been more than 6o days since disconnecting removing your service, it is suggested to contact SBCGglobal customer support (https://www.att.com/contactus/).
So, now as you have the complete information for deleting the SBCGlobal email account, you can easily remove your account whenever you wish to stop using the service.