Whether you are having trouble accessing your ATT email account, problem sending/receiving emails, or if your ATT email not working on iPhone at all, you can try overcoming the issue by following the various workarounds provided below.
Guide to Fix ATT Email not working on iPhone
Check Your Account, Settings, Connectivity
When having trouble accessing or using your ATT email account on your iPhone, it is first suggested to make sure that your email:
- Is within the maximum email size limit allowed.
- Has the correct email address of the recipient. If the email address is incorrect, you might receive either a Problem Found – Message Not Sent or Failed Delivery notification.
In addition to the above, you can also follow these steps to try overcoming the issue of ATT email not working on your iPhone.
- Log out of your AT&T email account and log in again.
- If you are looking for missing emails, make sure to check the Spam folder.
- Make sure to review the settings of your email account (select the Gear icon).
- Filters: Make sure that your incoming emails are being delivered to the correct folder.
- Make sure the email address of the sender you are expecting emails from is not added to the blocked list.
If you are facing any of the following issues in your AT&T email account, it might mean that your account has been compromised.
- Some of the emails are missing.
- You are receiving emails from your own email address.
- You are seeing a display name that is different from the one you configured.
- You are receiving complaints that spam emails are being sent from your email address.
If you find any of these suspicious activities in your ATT email account, it is likely that your account has been compromised or hacked. In such a case, you may want to reset/change your email account password. Here are the steps to follow:
If you don’t remember the password
- On your web browser, you will first need to go to att.com/myatt (https://www.att.com/my/#/login).
- Next, you will need to select the Forgot Password? option.
- Then, complete the password info, select security questions or temporary password, and follow the on-screen prompts.
NOTE: If you select the temporary password option, you will be notified as to where it has been sent (email address or phone number).
- After that, you will be able to resent your new password.
If you remember the password
- Firstly, you will need to sign in to your ATT email account.
- Once you are logged into your account, go to the Sign-in info (http://m.att.com/myatt/native/deepLink.html?action=profileLoginInfo&anchor=myLinkedAcc&appInstall=N) section.
- Next, select the Change password option.
- Then, enter and save your new password info.
Fix your Email Programs or Applications
As AT&T keeps on upgrading its email security from time to time, you may receive email through an email program or app. If you receive any such message, make sure that you are ready to apply the changes.
- Make sure that your internet connection is working properly. If it is not working, you will not be able to access your email.
- Check is there are emails in the Outbox folder. If you find any emails, make sure to delete them and try sending a new email.
Check Email Client Settings
Sometimes the problem with your ATT email not working on the iPhone can also be caused due to incorrect email clients settings used for configuration. Below you can find the correct email client settings and compare it with the one used on your iPhone to configure the ATT email account.
As your iPhone email app may use wither IMAP or POP3 to send and receive emails, make sure to use the right server and port settings from the following information.
|Outbound Port||465 or 587||465|
If you also wish to know how to correctly configure your AT&T email on your Apple iPhone to send and receive emails on your device, you can follow the steps provided below.
Setting up ATT.net Email Account on iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, you will need to select the Mail option and tap on the Accounts option.
- Then, you will need to tap on the Add account option and select the “Other” option from the menu.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your Name, Email & Password in the provided fields and tap on the Next button.
- Now, select the IMAP option, scroll down to the Incoming Mail Server section, and enter the information as suggested below. Similarly, follow the steps for the Outgoing Mail Server section.
- Make sure that you enter your complete email address in the User Name field. User Name & Password will be the same for both Incoming & Outgoing servers.
- Incoming Mail Server Host Name: imap.mail.att.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Host Name: smtp.mail.att.net
- If prompted to verify the incoming and outgoing servers, tap on the Continue option for each or tap Details option and then the Trust option.
- After that, tap on the Save option and select the new account you just created.
- Now, select the SMTP server section and check the SMTP settings. Once you are done tap on the Done option.
- Outgoing Mail Server Host Name: smtp.mail.att.net
- User Name: Enter your complete Att.net email address
- Password: Enter your email password
- Use SSL: On. If you want you can also disable it and use the correct ports number as recommended below.
- Outgoing (SMTP) Secure – Port: 465 and Security Type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates).
- Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Secure – Port: 587 and Security Type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
- Outgoing (SMTP) – Port: 25 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates)
- Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Insecure – Port: 587 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates)
- Authentication: Password
- Server Port: 465
And, this is how you can configure your ATT.net email account on your iPhone.
NOTE: If you have recently upgraded to the AT&T powered by Yahoo! homepage and you already had your AT&T email account configured on your device before you upgraded, you can follow the steps provided below to re-create the account using new settings. After the configuration, make sure to verify the new account if it is working or not. Then, you can delete the old one.
Adding Email to your iPhone
- Go to the Settings section of your iPhone.
- Next, you will need to select the Mail option and then the Accounts option.
- Then, select the Add Account option and tap on the Yahoo! option.
- After that, you will need to enter your email address and select the Next button. Similarly, enter your password and press the Next button.
- Now, you will need to select as to which information to download to your iPhone by moving the sliders to the left-side to corresponding Mail, Contacts, Calendars, or Notes option.
- Once you are done configuring the settings, tap on the Save button.
So, these are the workarounds that will help your fix the problem of ATT email not working on your iPhone.