Microsoft Outlook is a great email program to easily manage your different email accounts and email-related tasks from a single platform. Not only Outlook allows you to access the emails of your different email accounts but also lets you create a signature for your outgoing email messages. You can give you signature a personalized appearance using the options to add text, images, logos, electronic business cards. Moreover, you can also add your handwritten signature and social media icons of sites you are active on. If you are looking to know how to add social media icons in an Outlook signature, in particular, you can follow the information provided below.
Guide to Add a Signature in Outlook
NOTE: If you are using a Microsoft Office 365 account and also an Outlook and Outlook on the web/Outlook on the web for a business account, you will need to have to create a separate signature for both products.
1. To begin with, you will first need to sign into your Outlook email account and open a new email message. Once you have opened a new email message, you will need to go to Signature>Signatures option under the Message menu.
NOTE: It is to be noted that the location of the Message and Signature option may be different depending on the size of the Outlook window. It can also vary depending on the situation that whether you are replying, or forwarding an email, or composing a new email message.
2.) Next, you will need to click on the New option located under the Select signature to edit option and provide a suitable Name for your signature in the New Signature dialog box.
3.) Then, you will need to go to the Edit signature section to create the desired signature. If you wish to give a personalized appearance to your signature, you can do so easily by changing the font’s color, size, and type using the relevant tools.
To Add Borders, Tables, and Bullets
If you are looking to borders, tables, and bullets to your signature, it is best that you first create the signature using the MS Word application. Once you create the desired signature using the MS word, you can copy and paste it into the Edit Signature box of your Outlook account.
To Add Links or Images
Similarly, If you are looking to add links and/or image to your Signature, or if you wish to change the fonts, or justify the text, you can use the formatting bar available in the Edit signature box.
To Add Social Media Icons
If you are looking to add social media icons to your Outlook signature, you can do so easily by clicking on the “Add Picture” option located next to the Business Card option. After clicking the Add Picture option, you will need to select the Social media icons from your computer to add them to your Edit signature box.
To Add Hyperlink
If you also wish to add a hyperlink to your signature, you will need to click on the Hyperlink icon located next to the Picture option in the Edit Signature box. Then, you will simply need to type the web address in the provided field and click on the OK button.
4.) Once you are done making the desired changes for your new signature, go to the Choose default signature option and follow the information provided below.
- Go to the E-mail account drop-down box and select an email account to which you wish to link with your signature. You can add a separate signature for each email account if you wish to.
- Now, if you wish to add your signature automatically to all new emails, you will need to go to the New messages drop-down box and click on your desired signatures.
- In case you do not wish to add your signature automatically to new emails, you will need to select the (None) option.
- To include your signature to the emails you reply or forward to using your Outlook email account, make sure to select one of your signatures from the Replies/Forwards drop-down and click on one of your signatures. If you want, you can also set it up as the default option – (none).
After you have configured the signature using the above-mentioned information, you will need to click on the OK button to complete the process.
NOTE: Outlook will not add the signature you just created for the new email message you opened when following these instructions(in Step 1). The signature will not be added to this email message even if you selected the option to apply the signature to all outgoing emails. In such a case, you will need to add the signature manually or create a new message. To add a Signature manually in Outlook, follow the below-mentioned instructions.
To Add a Signature Manually in Outlook 2016
1. In your Outlook account, open a new email message and select the Signature option located under the Message menu.
2. Next, select the signature which you want to add in your email.
3. Then, simply send the email message to a recipient with the signature you added.
4. Your email will be sent with signature (including the social media icons and other inputs) to your desired recipients. So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to add social media icons in an Outlook signature.