Yahoo enables you with the feature to add a valid mobile number or email address on your Yahoo account so, if in case you ever lose your password, you can easily log in via using the associated account recovery option. In this article, we are providing you with the step-by-step instructions to add or remove an account recovery option on Yahoo Mail. Pursue this guidebook steps for better results. All the below provided steps are eligible for the Yahoo Mail app and Yahoo Mail web login.
Tip: You can add or replace up to 10 email addresses on your Yahoo account.
Steps to Edit Recovery Information on a Yahoo Mail App
The account recovery option is not available in all Yahoo apps. If it’s available in your mobile app, you may be asked to re-enter your login details such as Password, Phone Passcode, or Touch ID.
- Open your Yahoo Mail app and click on the Menu Icon presented on the upper left-side on your mobile screen.
- Now click on the Manage accounts tab.
- In the next step, tap on Account Info and click on Security settings option.
- After this, you need to enter your Yahoo Password or Touch ID for ‘Yahoo Mail’.
- Now, click on the Phone Numbers tab or add recovery Email Addresses button.
- At last, follow the on-screen prompts to type and verify your new email address or phone number.
For remove a recovery option-
- Click the Menu icon on your Yahoo Mail app.
- After this, click on Manage accounts and tap Account info.
- In the next step, tap on Security settings and select the earlier account recovery option i.e. Email address or Phone number.
- In the next step, click the Delete icon to remove unwanted alternate contact details.
Steps to Edit Recovery Information on a Yahoo Mail Web Login
Follow the guidebook to complete the process:
- Visit the Yahoo Account Security page.
- Then, enter your email address and click on Next.
- After this, click on Sign in button to complete the login process.
Note: If you don’t want to sign in via password than click on try the new way to sign in.
- You will be redirected to Account security page, where you need to select Phone Number or Add recovery Email Address.
- Pursue the on-screen prompts to enter and verify your new phone number or email address.
For remove a recovery option-
If in case you want to remove the account recovery option, just click on the selected account recovery tab i.e. Phone Number or Add recovery email Address button and then tap the Delete icon to remove unwanted alternate contact details.
More than this you can also unlink recovery information from an unused or unrecognized Yahoo account by following these steps-
Steps to Unlink Recovery Info from an Unused or Unrecognized Yahoo Account
But disconnecting an email address or a phone number, you will need to be signed out of the associated account.
- To begin with, visit the Sign-in Helper page.
- On the next page, enter your email address or phone number in the provided field and click on Continue.
- Now, tap Yes, text me a verification code. (Through this step, Yahoo will send a verification code to the email address or phone number).
- After this, enter the verification code in the provided field and tap on Verify.
- Now, click on the Continue button and select remove it here from the bottom of a list of your connected recovery accounts.
- In the next step, select an account to remove and finally click on Remove this account.